Kenya Competition Format
The competition for 2017-2018 will consist of:
A trial round will be run between 2nd October and 11th October for those interested in seeing how the Competition works.
The registration deadline for the 2017-2018 competition is 23.59hrs on Friday 13th October 2017.
The first round marks the formal start of the competition. Registered teams are placed in groups of 8 [eight] teams per group. The teams in each group compete with each other. The first round is played over a 5-week period representing 5 [five] quarters with decisions submitted every week. The winning team from each group proceeds to Round 2 of the Competition.
Round 1 will begin on 16th October 2017 and the first decision submission shall be Monday 30th October 2017 and every Monday thereafter for 5 weeks. The final decisions for Round 1 will be submitted on Monday November 27th 2017.
The second round will follow a similar structure to Round 1. Teams from Round 1 are placed in groups of 8 [eight] per group. The teams in each group will compete with each other. The second round is also played over a 5-week period representing 5 [five] quarters with decisions submitted every week. The 8 [eight] winning teams from Round 2 will proceed to the National Final.
Round 2 will begin on Monday 8th January 2018 and the first decision submission shall be Monday 15th January 2018 and every Monday thereafter for 5 weeks. The final decisions for Round 2 will be submitted on Monday 12th February 2018.
Is an on-site event and played over a single day in Nairobi. Teams will once again make decisions for 5 [five] quarters based on information provided.
The National Final will be held on Saturday, 24th February 2018 or Friday 2nd March 2018 (TBC), at a venue to be confirmed.
The winner of the National final will compete in the International final held between 16th and 18th April 2018. The winning teams of each of the participating countries compete with each other. Every year the international final of Global Management Challenge is conducted in a different city of the world. The international final for 2017/2018 edition of Global Management Challenge will be held in Dubai, U.A.E.
- Manual – Explains the organisation and functions of the company and also contains generic guidance to prepare for the competition. This is a good starting point into understanding the details of the company.
- Company History – The management reports from the previous 5 [five] quarters will provide strategic information on the company’s performance.
- Decision Sheet – Is used to submit the management decisions to the simulator, within a restricted area of the organiser’s web site.
- Management Report – Is produced after the simulator analyses and compares the teams’ decisions showing the detailed outcome in financial and operational terms.
- Other Materials Required: computer, Internet access with minimum speed/bandwidth capacity, calculator, stationery, and an ability to print competition reports.
Round 1 and Round 2 of the competition are both played online in Kenya. There is no face-to-face interaction during these stages of the competition. You will need access to a computer and the Internet in order to successfully play the game. The National Final will be played at a physical venue to be decided later. You will meet all teams that made it to the National Final. The International Final will be played in Dubai, U.A.E.
Using the team’s username and password, within the restricted area of the organiser’s web site, the teams submit their management decisions and consult/download their Management report.
All teams can, at any time, consult its Company history, the manual, the Competition’s calendar and its team’s ranking for each decision period, in the organiser’s web site.